When I was a kid my Dad used to make homemade whipped cream for everything! We had it on fluffy pancakes, as frosting on cakes, on top of warm apple pie, and always in his signature fruit salad! There were four of us kids, and only two beaters on that mixer. Let me tell you, it was a knock-down, drag-out fight to get at those whipped cream filled beaters after he was finished beating the cream!
But sometimes we would buy that canned whipped cream. Oh boy, we would sneak mouthfuls of that stuff all the time.As fun as the canned stuff was, it did not have the flavor and mouthfeel of the real thing. When I found out that you can make your own “Reddi Whip” with REAL CREAM in a dispenser I just about fainted. I immediately ordered the dispenser, and when that thing came in the mail you better believe everything was covered with whipped cream! Such a handy kitchen gadget, and also a great way to get my kids eating raw grass-fed cream by the gallon!
What you need:
- A Whipped Cream Dispenser — where to find
- Cream Charger — where to find
- 1 pint organic heavy whipping cream (we use raw grass-fed cream), or for a dairy free option you can use coconut cream
- 15 drops vanilla stevia — like this
- Chill the cream
- Pour the cream into the canister
- Add the stevia
- Place lid on canister and attach nitrous oxide charger
- Shake very well
- Tip at an angle downwards and squeeze handle
Watch my video below where I demonstrate how to use the whipped cream dispenser
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe