I pretty much have to admit that the reason why I bake is because, well, BATTER. I am a well known batter-aholic! The absolute best, most tempting batter on the planet has always been brownie batter.
Of course, now that we went gluten and grain-free, my traditional brownies are out of the question! Fear not! I have come up with a version grain-free brownies that have a batter so good you won’t even know its grain-free. You bake this batter of course into my next favorite thing: warm homemade grain-free brownies.
- 1 cup pastured butter, softened or melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Coconut oil for greasing baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease an 8x8" glass baking dish with coconut oil.
3. In a stand mixer, combine everything and mix until a nice batter is formed, making sure to scrape down the sides.
4. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
5. Bake 30-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
7. Top with fresh homemade whipped cream, chocolate ganache, or homemade frosting.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!