I love the flavors in this simple salad where mixed quinoa is enjoyed with fresh tomato and cucumber. The star of the show is the rich tamari flavor that comes through. This substantial lunch option can be served warm or chilled.
- Tamari is a gluten-free soy sauce. However, if you have a soy allergy, coconut aminos are a great alternative.
- How you like your boiled eggs is a personal thing. For soft-boiled eggs, 6 minutes will suffice. For hard-boiled eggs, 9-10 minutes should do it.
This simple, hearty quinoa salad can be whipped together in about 20 minutes. It’s a wonderful filling lunch, or you can add it as a healthy, delicious side to your dinner.
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water until done.
- Drain well into a bowl and leave to cool a little before stirring through the olive oil and tamari.
- At the same time, boil the eggs until done to your liking. Peel and halve them, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the quinoa between two bowls.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, and halved eggs before digging in!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4.5gCholesterol: 310mgSodium: 1,150mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g