A classic Caesar salad dressing is always a crowd pleaser: it features strong flavors, courtesy of the anchovies and Parmesan. If you are up for not making the dressing from scratch, this one cheats a little using mayonnaise, which then has those tasty elements added to it.
- You won’t use all the dressing you make here. I only used around half of it. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge and use them within 2 days.
- Add grilled chicken and/or gluten-free croutons to the salad for a more substantial meal.
One of the most popular salads is the Caesar salad. It pairs well with almost any meal. You can also make it an entree salad with your favorite protein, like chicken, steak, or shrimp.
- Combine the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a bowl.
- Thinly slice the anchovies lengthways and set a quarter of this aside to use as garnish. Very finely chop the remainder into very small pieces.
- Stir the minced anchovies through the mayonnaise dressing along with most of the Parmesan.
- Add a small dash of warm water (no more than two teaspoons) to the dressing to loosen it a little.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the chopped lettuce and garnish with the remaining slivers of anchovy and the remaining grated Parmesan!
You can make your own mayo here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 590mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g