We have been eating paleo for a few years now, and I will have to say that baking has been the biggest hurdle. It’s just not the same without all of the gluten and sugar! The textures are not what we are used to and the taste is not so hyper-palatable!
But, this is actually a good thing. We are not designed to have so much system overload when we eat. We are designed to just eat real food. That’s why I really wanted to find the perfect frosting recipe for my daughter’s birthday cake. Turns out that I came up with the best paleo frosting ever!
You'll love this dairy-free paleo frosting. Perfect for cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and any other sweet treats.
- In a mixing bowl, combine everything except the coconut oil.
- Blend with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Drizzle coconut oil in slowly while mixing on high.
- Mix until whipped together.
- Frost cake immediately or store in the fridge (if you store in the fridge, re-whip before using).
- If you want to pipe this frosting, put it into the fridge until firm, and then use a cake decorator and pipe the frosting into beautiful designs. It’s best to take it out of the fridge and let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before piping.
- Enjoy your paleo frosting! My daughter loved it on her Barbie cake!!!
Tip from a Reader: You can also use coconut milk powder for a smoother consistency. I tried this and it was awesome, but I used 5 tablespoons instead of 4.
Note: I colored it pink using 1 Tbsp of beet juice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out my video below, I was making up some paleo frosting for my husband’s birthday cake