When I turned 21 my Mom made me a Rum Cake for my birthday. Yep, a cake made with rum and soaked in rum. She lit it on fire, and I blew out the cake. Pretty cool huh? Well, once the fire was out we ate the cake. It was tasty indeed, but a bit dry. I brought the remaining cake home with me and really wanted to eat it…but it needed something. I though about smothering it with whipped cream. But, alas I had no cream in the fridge. I did have some coconut cream however, and I also had some chocolate in the freezer. Chocolate ganache anyone? Oh yeah, rum cake and chocolate ganache are a match made in heaven!
- Using a sharp knife, cut up the chocolate bar
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and coconut cream
- Stir until melted and well combined
- Serve over ice-cream or flourless chocolate cake
- Try not to eat the entire batch in one sitting. I dare you!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe