Breakfast is the meal I care about the most. Why? Because my kids almost always eat a good breakfast… lunch is iffy…. and dinner is a challenge. So, I am always trying to come up with new and creative ways to make breakfast fun, delicious, and most of all healthy!
I’ve seen a million recipes out there for “mug cakes” and finally decided that I would give them a go as a healthy paleo breakfast cake. Took some experimentation (and I still haven’t mastered them without the use of a microwave!), but this recipe was a big hit! It seriously could not be any easier either.
Need to get out of a breakfast rut? Try cake for breakfast! It's delicious and healthy for you.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Put all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into greased ramekins.
3. Nuke in the microwave for 2 minutes per ramekin, or 8-10 minutes for the whole batch at once*.
4. Invert on a plate and top with your favorite toppings. We love homemade whipped cream, berry sauce, maple syrup, or sliced peaches
5. You can store them for up to three days in a sealed bag in the fridge to heat up for another morning too!
*Note: we haven't used our microwave in YEARS, but I tried making this recipe in the oven and it took forever! So, just this one time we decided to give the microwave a go. Once I find a quicker method of doing it in the oven, I will be sure to update this post.
Make your own homemade whipped cream here.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten-Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!