This is an unusual idea that inspired something I saw several years ago. Once drained, the sweet, interestingly flavored strawberries are delicious to put out as part of a snack spread alongside strong cheese and gluten-free crackers. You could also simply toss them into salads! Macros are based on a 6-person serving.
- Thickly slice the strawberries, or else they will lose their shape once drained.
- Don’t allow any longer than one hour of pickling time, as the strawberries will soften too much.
- The hot sauce and the orange zest are optional but offer an interesting flavor kick!
Pickled strawberries are sweet, tangy, and savory. You only need about an hour to make them, and they taste amazing in salads, added to a charcuterie board, or served with cheese and gluten-free crackers.
- Place all the ingredients into a small Kilner or mason jar and leave to pickle for no longer than 1 hour.
- Before serving, drain well to ensure no one bites into a peppercorn or coriander seed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 3g