Growing up my mom used to buy those Jello Pudding cups (fat-free, no less) and my favorite flavor was the vanilla tapioca. Yes, I know that is odd…everyone loved the double chocolate flavor. But hey, more for me right?
Well, I wanted to recreate a version of the Jello Pudding Cup that is actually healthy, and when you add chia seeds to pudding, it has the same texture as tapioca! In the spirit of fall, I decided to make this one pumpkin pie flavor. Pumpkin pie chia seed pudding was born!
A quick and easy pudding recipe with only a few ingredients. Make up some healthy pudding that tastes like pumpkin pie. Serve warm or cold.
- 1 can (15 oz) organic pumpkin
- 1 cup milk of your choice (we use raw whole milk, but you can also use non-dairy milks)
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together everything except the chia seeds.
- Pour into a glass pyrex bowl, or any glass container with a lid
- Add the chia seeds and stir well to combine.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Top with fresh homemade whipped cream, or coconut whipped cream.