Salmon salad is one of my favorite quick recipes that packs a powerful nutritional punch. You can throw it together quickly and it is bursting with flavor and also so healthy. Full of omega-3’s, with a little kick. This is definitely one of my favorite recipes for salmon salad!
Salmon salad is one of my favorite quick recipes that packs a powerful nutritional punch. You can throw it together quickly and it is bursting with flavor and also so healthy.
- 1 (14.75 oz) can of Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon
- ½ cup homemade mayo or store-bought mayo
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped (make your own pickled jalapeños)
- 3″ piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed with a press
- 1 bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 heads baby gem lettuce (or butter lettuce or remain lettuce)
- Drain the canned salmon and dump it into a mixing bowl, and add the mayonnaise and the lemon juice.
- Finely chop the jalapeños and add them too.
- Next, add the fresh ginger and fresh garlic. Both should be finely minced. (I like to grate the ginger and use a garlic press to crush the garlic to achieve the best texture.)
- Add the minced ginger and crushed garlic to the bowl of salmon.
- Finely chop the dill and add this too.
- Mix well to combine, seasoning the mixture with salt and pepper.
- I love to scoop these into individually separated leaves of baby gem lettuce for a fun take on lettuce wraps! If you choose to do this, you should know that they make for a lovely, fresh appetizer option at your next BBQ - and you should have enough for 14 lettuce wraps. Delicious!
Try my bacon mayo here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g