I love to use mayonnaise in many of my salad recipes. But, the store-bought mayo almost always contains toxic seed oils and other chemical additives. Yuck!
I have been experimenting with making my own mayo and using different oils as the base. Then one day, I decided to try out some bacon grease I had leftover. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon? Wow, baconnaise was born! So delicious and it really lends an amazing flavor to so many foods.
Bacon makes everything taste better...even mayo! Use this paleo baconnaise in salads and sandwiches with gluten-free bread.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp prepared (gluten-free) mustard -- like this
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup liquid bacon fat
1. Put yolks, mustard, and lemon juice into a food processor.
2. Turn it on and slowly drizzle in the bacon fat...and I mean s-l-o-w-l-y, this is what emulsifies the fat and gives it the mayo it's consistency.
3. Season with salt and pepper to your taste preference.
4. Store in a glass jar.
5. Lasts a few weeks in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.