I love to use mayonnaise in many of my salad recipes. But, the store-bought mayo almost always contains toxic seed oils and other chemical additives. Yuck!
I have been experimenting with making my own mayo and using different oils as the base. Then one day, I decided to try out some bacon grease I had leftover. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon? Wow, baconnaise was born! So delicious and it really lends an amazing flavor to so many foods.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp prepared (gluten-free) mustard -- like this
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup liquid bacon fat
1. Put yolks, mustard, and lemon juice into a food processor.
2. Turn it on and slowly drizzle in the bacon fat...and I mean s-l-o-w-l-y, this is what emulsifies the fat and gives it the mayo it's consistency.
3. Season with salt and pepper to your taste preference.
4. Store in a glass jar.
5. Lasts a few weeks in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.