Now let me give a little disclaimer here, just because I call this a Healthy Caramel Corn Recipe, does not mean that you can eat it by the bag. It is delicious and made with healthy ingredients, but it is still a treat and can really get the old blood sugar surging.
Making this recipe a healthy version of the caramel corn you find in the tins or at the store is definitely a healthy choice! It is a great alternative to the packaged kind filled with corn syrup, coloring, and bad oils. Go ahead and bring this along to your parties and holiday celebrations. Everyone loves it, and you can feel good about eating a real food version!
Bonus: you can make this into popcorn balls too. The kids love helping with this. Spice it up a bit and flavor it with cinnamon, peppermint essential oil, or dark chocolate drizzle!
Whether you need a healthy snack for movie night or a big family gathering, you'll love this homemade caramel corn (without corn syrup!). You can even make them into popcorn balls!
- Pop your popcorn. Here is how I pop mine on our stovetop
- Combine coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Heat the caramel mixture, stirring occasionally, until it reaches 230°F with a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, stir in the baking soda (it will foam up), and pour over popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread popcorn out on Silpat lined baking sheets and allow to harden.
- You can let it cool a bit and then form into balls using coconut oil greased hands if you want to make caramel corn balls.
- Store in an airtight container, it lasts longer in the fridge.
- Now for a little caramel corn #foodporn!
- Look at this caramel deliciousness!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.