I grew up eating granola cereal as a special treat for breakfast. I loved it and wished I could have it every day! I even remember eating the granola clusters out of every cereal that I could find them in. Remember Honey Bunches of Oats? Yeah, I would pick those boxes clean!
Well, now we no longer eat grains, so I thought granola was a thing of the past. Yogurt just isn’t the same without it though! So, after much experimentation, I came up with a grain-free granola recipe that we love and that is very versatile.
I make it a little differently each time, depending on what we are in the mood for. Play around with this recipe, try different nuts and seeds or different spices. Yum!
This grain-free granola is so easy to make and very versatile. Play around with this recipe, try different nuts and seeds or different spices. Yum!
- 5 cups seeds and nuts (use any kind you prefer, it is best if you soak and dehydrate them first to make them more digestible)
- 2 cups nut flours and/or finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw honey, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Additional ingredients to add AFTER it is baked: (these foods will burn in the oven if in there too long, so I add them after it's baked):
- Organic raisins
- Goji berries (superfood!)
- Organic dried cherries
- Organic dried blueberries
- Dried mulberries (really tasty!)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in honey.
- Stir in coconut oil.
- Spread granola on a Silpat-lined baking sheet, you might need to use two sheets depending on how big yours are (this makes a big batch!)
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and stir granola a bit with a spatula.
- Put back into the oven and bake an additional 10-20 minutes. You want it golden and starting to crisp, but not too crispy or it will be very hard.
- Add in any additional dried fruit that you wish.
- Store in an airtight container or a plastic bag. I store mine in the freezer and it lasts several months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Watch my video below where I show you how I make my granola in my kitchen
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!