I grew up eating granola cereal as a special treat for breakfast. I loved it and wished I could have it every day! I even remember eating the granola clusters out of every cereal that I could find them in. Remember Honey Bunches of Oats? Yeah, I would pick those boxes clean!
Well, now we no longer eat grains, so I thought granola was a thing of the past. Yogurt just isn’t the same without it though! So, after much experimentation, I came up with a grain-free granola recipe that we love and that is very versatile.
I make it a little differently each time, depending on what we are in the mood for. Play around with this recipe, try different nuts and seeds or different spices. Yum!
- 5 cups seeds and nuts (use any kind you prefer, it is best if you soak and dehydrate them first to make them more digestible)
- 2 cups nut flours and/or finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup honey, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Additional ingredients to add AFTER it is baked: (these foods will burn in the oven if in there too long, so I add them after it's baked):
- organic raisins
- goji berries (superfood!)
- organic dried cherries
- organic dried blueberries
- dried mulberries (really tasty!)
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Stir in honey.
Stir in coconut oil.
Spread granola on a Silpat lined baking sheet, you might need to use two sheets depending on how big yours are (this makes a big batch!)
Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and stir granola a bit with a spatula.
Put back into the oven and bake an additional 10-20 minutes. You want it golden and starting to crisp, but not too crispy or it will be very hard.
Add in any additional dried fruit that you wish.
Store in an airtight container or a plastic bag. I store mine in the freezer and it lasts several months.
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Raw Honey
- Perfect Supplement Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt
- Ground Cinnamon
- Organic Goji Berries
- Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
- Dried Mulberries
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Watch my video below where I show you how I make my granola in my kitchen
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!