Super quick, super easy… this delightful salad takes mere minutes to throw together and is a great way to use up diced Chorizo. Adding apples offer a lovely sweetness and crunch! Chopped parsley will add a fresh element, but it is entirely optional!
- Squeezing a little lemon juice over the sliced apples will prevent them from browning while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- The acidity from the lemon makes up part of the ‘dressing,’ so it shouldn’t be omitted.
Chorizo Cheese Salad
If you have leftover chorizo and need to use it up, this salad is perfect. It takes only about 10 minutes to throw together, and you’ll have a delicious, healthy lunch or dinner. Pair it with a sandwich or soup for a more filling meal.
- 4.2 oz thinly sliced Granny Smith apple
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 4.2 oz iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 TB olive oil
- 3.5 oz diced Chorizo
- 2.1 oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of flatleaf parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Thinly slice the apple (approx. ½ apple) and place it into a bowl. Squeeze over a little lemon juice while you prep the remaining ingredients (like shredding the lettuce and grating the cheese).
- Toss the shredded lettuce with the olive oil and add the sliced apples – along with any lemon juice from the bowl. Divide between two plates or bowls.
- Sprinkle on the sliced apples, chorizo, and cheese. Then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 1320mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 21g