I grew up eating zucchini muffins for breakfast and chocolate zucchini cake for dessert. So moist and delicious, plus you can’t even tell that they are full of zucchini! Of course, we don’t eat gluten anymore, so I decided to come up with my own gluten-free chocolate zucchini muffins! A recipe that marries the breakfast muffins with the chocolate cake dessert. Oh yeah, they are tasty. Even better when you top them with some homemade whipped cream.
A recipe that marries the breakfast muffins with the chocolate cake dessert. Oh yeah, they are tasty. Even better when you top them with some homemade whipped cream.
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons organic, fair trade cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup organic zucchini, shredded with the liquid squeezed out
- Optional: Sometimes, I like to give my chocolate treats a mocha flavor. When I do this, I just add one packet of my favorite coffee to the mix. This stuff is a super healthy mushroom coffee, so it makes the chocolate treat a healthy mocha treat!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
3. Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the liquid using a flour sack towel.
4. In a medium mixing bowl combine the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, melted chocolate, and zucchini.
5. Stir to combine.
6. Pour the batter into silicone muffin cups, or a glass baking dish (to make cake or brownies out of the batter).
7. Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Store muffins in a covered container in the fridge for up to one week.
If you purchase from Four Sigmatic, you can use the coupon code “REALFOODRN” to get 10% off your order.
If you purchase from Perfect Supplements, use coupon code REALFOOD10 for 10% off your entire order!
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!