Delicious over sauteed veggies, zoodles, or drizzled over meat or chicken, this cashew cheese sauce boasts a rich, cheesy flavor thanks to the strong flavor of nutritional yeast flakes. It honestly tastes like and has the texture of your favorite cheesy sauce!
This homemade cashew cheese sauce is very versatile and goes well over roasted vegetables, "zoodles" or pasta, tacos, or your favorite protein. You just need a few simple ingredients to make this creamy, cheesy sauce.
- Soak the cashew nuts in a bowl of cold water overnight.
- Drain and place into a food processor or blender. If you have a Vitamix blender, even better to ensure a smooth sauce.
- Add the olive oil, vegetable stock, nutritional yeast flakes, onion powder, and garlic powder. Blitz well until you are left with a super smooth sauce.
- Place the sauce on the heat to warm through before enjoying.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Finish with a pinch of ground paprika.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g