I don't know WHY it took me so long to try making crepes! I guess I thought they seemed so delicate and challenging to flip. I could not have been more wrong. These wonderful little egg pancakes are just about the easiest breakfast food I have ever made…AND, you can fancy them up with awesome fillings to really impress your friends and family.
No one will ever have to know they are actually easy to make. Bonus: my recipe is gluten-free, so you can also reassure everyone that these are very healthy for you too! Gluten-free crepes filled with real whipped cream and drizzled with honey, yeah that's right! It's like having dessert for breakfast.
- 12 pastured eggs
- 4 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Coconut oil for frying in skillet
- Stainless steel skillet
- Thin spatula
1. In a blender: puree eggs, coconut flour, salt, and vanilla until liquefied.
2. Pour into a bowl (it should look like the image below, no clumps!).
3. Heat skillet over medium heat.
4. Add 1/2 tsp coconut oil to the skillet.
5. Pour 2-3 Tbsp batter into skillet and tilt skillet around until batter spreads into a nice thin circle.
6. Place back over medium heat and cook until bubbles begin to form and the edges brown slightly.
7. Flip and repeat with the other side. Usually takes about 2-3 minutes per side.
8. We filled the crepes pictured here with homemade whipped cream, you can learn how to make it in this post.
Fill with your favorite fillings. Some of our favorites are: whipped cream and strawberries or honey, mushrooms and hollandaise sauce, cheese and salsa, and almond butter and jelly!
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!