I am a lover of cheese, always have been and always will be. When we went Paleo, it was the part I struggled with the most. Maybe it’s my Swedish heritage, I don’t know. Whatever makes me crazy about cheese led me back to it shortly after I gave it up. But, I did change my ways…no more pasteurized or factory-farmed cheese. No thank you. We only buy raw cheese, and if it’s available we get grass-fed.
So it was only natural that I come up with a delicious grass-fed, raw cheddar cheese sauce amazingness recipe. I like to call it the World’s Best Healthy Cheese Sauce!
This is a delicious grass-fed, raw cheddar cheese sauce amazingness recipe.
- 1 cup grated raw grass-fed cheddar
- 2-3 Tbsp raw milk
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
1. In a small saucepan combine cheese, butter, and milk.
2. Over medium heat, melt the ingredients together.
3. Stir constantly as it can burn very easily!
4. Once everything is melted together, whisk in the arrowroot powder and continue to whisk until sauce begins to thicken.
5. Once the sauce begins to thicken, stir for one more minute.
6. Serve immediately over your favorite steamed vegetables, homemade crepes, fried eggs, or anything you want to be covered in cheese!
Learn how to make your own homemade gluten-free crepes here.