I am a lover of cheese, always have been and always will be. When we went Paleo it was the part I struggled with the most. Maybe it’s my Swedish heritage, I don’t know. Whatever makes me crazy about cheese led me back to it shortly after I gave it up. But, I did change my ways…no more pasteurized or factory farmed cheese. No thank you. We only buy raw cheese, and if its available we get grass-fed. So it was only natural that I come up with a delicious grass-fed, raw cheddar, cheese sauce amazingness recipe. I like to call it the World’s Best Healthy Cheese Sauce!
World’s Best Healthy Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup grated raw grass-fed cheddar (if you can’t find it locally, you can order this kind)
- 2-3 Tbsp raw milk
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter (if you can’t find it locally, you can order this kind)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder — where to find
- In a small saucepan combine cheese, butter and milk
- Over medium heat, melt the ingredients together
- Stir constantly as it can burn very easily!
- Once everything is melted together, whisk in the arrowroot powder and continue to whisk until sauce begins to thicken
- Once sauce begins to thicken, stir for one more minute
- Serve immediately over your favorite steamed vegetables, homemade crepes, fried eggs, or anything you want covered in cheese!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe