We have been gluten-free for years but recently began experimenting with einkorn and fermenting it using the traditional sourdough method. Now I am making homemade sourdough bread every week and my family has had none of the issues that we had with conventional gluten!
But, when you make sourdough using a starter, you often have a lot of starter sitting around. So, I decided to see if I could make pancakes with it. Voila! Einkorn Sourdough Pancakes were created!
Whip up these delicious einkorn sourdough pancakes for a hearty breakfast or weekend brunch. They also freeze well if you make big batches ahead of time.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If you want them fluffier then beat the egg whites separately and fold them into the rest of the ingredients.
- The starter pictured below is nice and bubbly.
- On a hot skillet, pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter for each cake.
- When they bubble up check to see if the underside is brown, using a flat spatula.
- When nice and brown, flip and let the other side brown.
- Serve with a dusting of cinnamon, more raisins, fruit spread, butter, or pure maple syrup.
- I store them in a sealed container in the fridge, they last about one week. When ready to eat we just warm them up in the toaster oven.
- They also freeze well.
When you purchase from Perfect Supplement, use coupon code REALFOOD for 10% off your order too!