I have to admit, I don’t really like pie. Well, I like the filling, but always left the crust. Now that we have gone grain free, the crust has become something entirely different that what I grew up eating. Paleo pie crusts are often times very dense, and filled with nuts. That’s all good, but the filling is still the best part.
This is exactly why I came up with Paleo Pumpkin Pie Pudding!
It’s the pie filling without the crust, and it still has all the amazing flavor. Serve it topped with your favorite whipped cream and you have something pretty darn amazing!
Guess what? This delicious treat is actually good for you too! Let me tell you why…
- Pumpkin: high in Vitamin A. Also contains Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, antioxidants, and fiber!
- Coconut Milk: full of healthy fats and contains lauric acid, which is converted in the body into a highly beneficial compound called monolaurin, an antiviral and antibacterial that destroys a wide variety of disease-causing organisms
- Raw Honey: the main health benefits for which we revere raw honey today come from the unique blend of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, phytonutrients and other health components that it possesses. The two key beneficial components of truly raw honey are bee pollen and propolis
Go ahead, have a big bowl of pumpkin pie goodness!
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- 1 (15 oz) can organic pumpkin puree — where to find
- 1 (13.5oz) can organic coconut milk — where to find
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice — where to find
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed gelatin powder (use coupon code REALFOOD10 for 10% off your entire order!)
- In a medium saucepan, combine pumpkin, coconut milk, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and salt
- Heat over medium heat until it is beginning to bubble, but not boiling
- Sprinkle in the gelatin while you stir with a whisk
- Allow to cool a bit, then add in the raw honey
look at that amazing local raw honey goodness
- Pour into small bowls or ramekins
- Put into the fridge for at least an hour to set
- Serve with homemade (coconut) whipped cream
- Lasts about 2 days in the fridge, in a covered container
If you want to find a great resource that has all of the best Paleo ingredients all in one place, you can check it out HERE. Thrive Market put together the best of the best and then offers them for a fraction of the cost, and its delivered to your door! We order from them every single month!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+