My kids love finger food and they especially love finger food that they can help make! This is a very kid-friendly recipe. They can form the nuggets and roll them in the almond flour. We already make fish nuggets regularly, and one day when we ran out of salmon, I decided to try it with some bacon I had on hand. Brilliant! Bacon nuggets are now one of our regular favorites. I make a huge batch and freeze them.
My kids love finger food and they especially love finger food that they can help make! This is a very kid-friendly recipe. They can form the nuggets and roll them in the almond flour. A fun way to teach your children how to cook.
- Cook bacon in a skillet, do not overcook it. You want it cooked about 3/4 of the way…not crispy!
- Keep bacon grease in the pan, you will use it again later.
- Put cooked bacon into a food processor and pulse until it becomes bacon crumbles.
- In a large bowl add bacon, eggs, garlic, paprika, 1/3 cup almond flour, and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Using your hands, form into nugget shapes.
- Roll in the additional almond flour.
- Fry in the skillet with reserved bacon grease, about 2 minutes each side.
- Let cool on a plate with paper towels, to soak up excess grease.
- You can freeze them in a freezer bag.
A kid favorite!
- Serve with BBQ Sauce or Blue Cheese Dressing.
- These disappear super fast so I usually double or triple the batch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten free items online (best prices around, believe me I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!