My kids love finger food and they especially love finger food that they can help make! This is a very kid friendly recipe. They can form the nuggets and roll them in the almond flour. We already make fish nuggets regularly and one day when we ran out of salmon I decided to try it with some bacon I had on hand. Brilliant! Bacon nuggets are now one of our regular favorites. I make a huge batch and freeze them.
- 1 package bacon (I like to use “Ends & Pieces” for this recipe because they are so inexpensive)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/3 cup + 1 cup almond flour (some goes in the nuggets, some is the breading) — we use this kind
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- dash paprika
- 1/3 cup shredded raw parmesan
- Cook bacon in a skillet, do not overcook it. You want it cooked about 3/4 of the way…not crispy!
- Keep bacon grease in the pan, you will use it again later
- Put cooked bacon into a food processor and pulse until it becomes bacon crumbles
- In a large bowl add bacon, eggs, garlic, paprika, 1/3 cup almond flour, and cheese
- Mix well
- Using your hands, form into nugget shapes
- Roll in the additional almond flour
- Fry in the skillet with reserved bacon grease, about 2 minutes each side
- Let cool on a plate with paper towels, to soak up excess grease
You can freeze them in a freezer bag
- Serve with BBQ Sauce or Blue Cheese Dressing
- These disappear super fast so I usually double or triple the batch
- Makes about 12 nuggets
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten free items online (best prices around, believe me I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!
CLICK HERE to Pin this post