I happen to love BBQ. I also love bacon. I have been experimenting with recipes trying to find the perfect match of bacon and BBQ sauce when I decided to add in my homemade bone broth as the liquid in the recipe. Wow, did it turn out amazing…..and good for your gut!
Bone Broth is very healing for our digestive tract, read about it in a post I wrote: “The Health Benefits of Bone Broth.” So, if you love to cook up some BBQ and you love to preserve the integrity of your gut, then Bacon & Bone Broth BBQ Sauce recipe for you!
Bacon & Bone Broth BBQ Sauce
If you love to cook up some BBQ and you love to preserve the integrity of your gut, then Bacon & Bone Broth BBQ Sauce recipe for you!
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/3 cup bone broth
- 1 (7oz) jar or can tomato paste
1. In a saucepan, heat bacon drippings on medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until soft and translucent.
3. Add mustard, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt, and continue to sauté for one minute.
4. Add lemon juice, bone broth (mine was in gelatin form because it was in the fridge), and tomato paste.
5. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
6. Bring to a light boil, reduce to simmer.
7. Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
8. The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Mmmmm, gut-healing deliciousness!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Delicious Bacon & Bone Broth BBQ Sauce works well for glazing meat on the grill and for use as a dipping sauce
I have gotten many emails and questions about ordering bone broth online! I finally found a resource for that and wanted to include it here: “Kettle and Fire” CLICK HERE
33 Replies to “Delicious Bacon & Bone Broth BBQ Sauce”
Sounds great! I have everything except for the coconut aminos is there anything that could be used as a substitute?
Coconut aminos is a healthy version of soy sauce. In a pinch you could just use soy sauce, or salt.
Great! Thanks, I will use organic tamari.
How long does it keep?
Indefinitely. I have yet to have a batch go bad, but we eat it up pretty quickly!
I’m not sure where to find coconut aminos. Could I use Bragg Liquid Aminos instead?
You can usually find it at your local Co-op or Whole Foods. Otherwise, order it on Amazon. Braggs should work perfectly fine though.
where do I buy almond flour ????
You can buy almond flour here —-> https://amzn.to/15mFjBs
Do you have any ideas on what I could substitute the tomato paste with? I tend not to tolerate tomatoes so well. Thanks
Look into WHITE BBQ SAUCE & go from there. Its very popular in the south.
Do you think that it would still taste great without the mustard? We have a mustard allergy here.