When I was a kid, it was always a treat to go out to eat! Every time I would order the same thing: chicken strips and fries. I can still smell the greasy deliciousness. Now if I were to order that, oh boy, would my stomach ache! All that GMO oil and gluten-filled breading.
Now, my kids are getting older and wiser to these kinds of treats. I am not one to deprive them of some good old-fashioned kid favorites, so I came up with a healthy recipe of my own that does not have gluten and is made with healthy fats. My kids love them, and so does my husband. Now, gluten-free chicken strips have become part of our regular meal rotation!
Who doesn't love chicken strips?! These are healthier than take-out or drive-thru and only take about 15-20 minutes from start to finish. Feel good about what you and your family eat!
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add coconut oil to the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and water together.
- In another medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Dip chicken in eggs to coat.
- Roll in flour, making sure to cover the entire piece of chicken.
- Place in hot coconut oil.
- Work fast to get them all in the pan so they cook evenly at once.
- Flip when one side is golden brown.
- Cook each side for about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel-covered plate to soak up excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (we love our Bacon and Bone Broth BBQ).
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!