Shirataki noodles are fantastic because it means you can still enjoy your favorite keto-friendly pasta sauces, without eating gluten-filled pasta!
Be sure to rinse shirataki noodles well after removing them from the packaging, and then you need to only reheat them, which I do by keeping them in simmering water while I make the sauce.
I added bacon, mushrooms, and garlic to this super-quick “alfredo,” (who doesn’t love bacon and mushrooms?) making it a deeply rich-flavored meal that requires no other seasoning other than plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a scattering of freshly chopped parsley.
I spooned the sauce over the warm pasta when serving to ensure everyone gets equal amounts of the delicious bacon bites, but you can just as easily tip the drained, warm pasta into the pan of sauce and coat evenly before serving.
This alfredo keto pasta recipe is for two people, but to serve four, just double the recipe.
- 2 portions shirataki noodles (7 oz each)
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter
- 7 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 3.5 oz organic cream cheese
- ¼ cup grass-fed cream
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Rinse the shirataki noodles very well under cold, running water.
2. Place into a pan and cover with warm water, simmering over very low heat to keep warm while you prepare the sauce.
3. Heat a separate large pan and add the bacon, cooking until no longer raw.
4. Add the butter to the pan, and once foaming, add the mushrooms and garlic and cook until the mushrooms have partially caramelized (but do not allow the garlic to burn).
5. Add the cream cheese and reduce the heat to low, stirring until incorporated into the mushrooms and bacon.
6. Add the cream and stir continuously to emulsify, seasoning the sauce with generous amounts of freshly ground black pepper and finely grated Parmesan (salt will likely not be necessary due to the smoked bacon and Parmesan).
7. Drain the warm shirataki noodles and serve the sauce divided between two bowls.
8. Garnish your keto alfredo pasta with chopped parsley.
- Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt
- Organic Cream Cheese
- Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter
- Shirataki Fettuccini Noodles
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 496 Total Fat: 42g Saturated Fat: 25g Sodium: 1.8mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 2.9g Protein: 17g