So I have to admit, I am a kitchen gadget junkie. I found this awesome little Aebelskiver pan in a kitchen shop while holiday shopping last year. I had so many ideas of things I could make with it. Must have! Got it home and it sat in my cabinet for months.
Until one day I decided that my kiddos would LOVE it if I made pancakes filled with Grandma’s homemade jam. Gluten-free Aebelskiver of course. Let me tell you, these little delights are not only tasty, but they are also super fun to make!
These jam-filled pancakes are so fun to make with the kiddos.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pastured egg, beaten
- 1 cup organic whole milk (preferably raw)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Aebelskiver pan
1. In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
2. In a small saucepan, gently warm the milk over low heat and add coconut oil (it only need to be warm enough to keep the coconut oil liquid).
3. Mix milk, coconut oil and egg together and pour into dry ingredients.
4. Grease Aebelskiver pan with coconut oil and heat over medium heat.
5. Pour about 1 teaspoon batter into each compartment in pan, add 1/4 tsp on top and then top with another 1/2 teaspoon of batter.
6. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Using a spoon or some chopsticks, gently flip the pancakes and let the other side cook for about 3-5 minutes.
8. Serve warm, topped with homemade whipped cream.
You can make your own homemade whipped cream here.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!