My little cave-family eats more like a pack of saber-toothed tigers. They eat a LOT! I pride myself on my meal planning (and quantity planning) abilities, but sometimes I fall short. When my fridge is bare I fear I will be eaten next. So, I always have a package of organic chicken legs in the freezer….it just might save my life someday. Almost every week we have Paleo chicken legs now!
Paleo Chicken Legs
- 1-2 large packages of organic chicken legs (the dark meat is the healthiest part of the chicken, so ditch the chicken breasts)
- Coconut oil for smearing — where to find
- Spices (this time I used salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Grease a glass baking dish with coconut oil
- Placed legs in dish and pat dry with paper towels
- Smear with coconut oil
- Season liberally with spices, they add a nice texture and crust
- Bake until a meat thermometer reads 165°F
- You can baste with the juices as it cook,s but that’s totally optional
- Who has time for that while fighting the family off with a wooden spoon anyway?!