There is nothing better than meals that you can just throw into a cooker and let them do their magic all day. Beef roast is one of our favorites because it feeds our large hungry family, and grass-fed beef is a really nourishing food! This easy recipe is one of our weekday go-to’s, we hope you love it too! Feel free to toss in some herbs to give it a twist, we love rosemary!
Who doesn't love a fall-apart beef roast with all the fixins? It's a very easy meal to make that takes minimum effort to prepare. Full of rich flavor and smothered in delicious beef stock.
- In a hot skillet,, sear the roast on all sides (except the top).
- Add meat to the crockpot and add just enough water to leave the top of the meat uncovered.
- Slice the garlic and spread it on top of the roast. Top with salt and pepper.
- I like to leave the top un-seared and uncovered with water so it really takes on a roasted garlic flavor with the garlic on top.
- Cook the beef on high until it begins to bubble and then turn down to low for 4 hours, or until a meat thermometer reads 150°F.
- Slice and serve.
- Use the liquid in the crockpot as a soup stock (the stock freezes very well!).