Growing up, Christmas was one of my favorite memories….especially the Christmas cookies! We made so many different kinds. I always loved the cut-outs the best because after cutting them out and baking them you also got to frost and decorate them!
My kids share the same cookie favorite. So, because we are gluten-free, I needed to come up with a gluten-free cut-out recipe. Well, I decided to go a step further and make it a grain-free cut-out cookies recipe! They turned out even better than I could have imagined!
For any special celebration or holiday, use this recipe to make easy grain-free cut-out cookies.
- Cook Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups pastured butter, softened
- 2 cups coconut sugar (or you can use organic cane sugar)
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups Otto's Cassava Flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp water (depending on if your dough is dry)
- Icing Ingredients:
- Organic powdered sugar
- Grass-fed butter, melted
- Milk (we use raw whole milk)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
5. Add dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
6. Mix the dough with your hands, if it is too dry then add some water.
7. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
8. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
10. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies begin to brown on the edges.
11. Pour sugar into a bowl and add equal parts milk and butter until you reach the consistency that you like.
12. Add vanilla to flavor preference.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!
My kiddos LOVE making these cookies every holiday season