My husband and I met in college, the fall of sophomore year. We didn’t have much money but we managed to scrape enough together every once in a while to go out to the fanciest restaurant in town……Red Lobster! We were pretty sneaky with our spending too: soup, split an entree, and endless cheddar bay biscuits. We may or may not have slipped a few of those delicious cheddar bay biscuits in my purse and taken them home.
Oh I loved those little cheesy bits of goodness. Well, now we are gluten free which pretty much eliminates all forms of bread, including biscuits. Until now! I went ahead and came up with a gluten-free cheddar bay biscuits recipe. So exciting that I want to stuff them all in my purse!
Who doesn't love those savory cheesy biscuits from Red Lobster? Oh, I loved those little cheesy bits of goodness. I just had to make my own healthier version that is made with real food and is gluten-free.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, water, milk, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Stir in tapioca flour until a paste forms but do not over mix. The tapioca creates an amazing texture to these biscuits that I honestly like better that the texture of the white flour gluten biscuits.
- Leave it sit for 10 minutes, or until cool.
- Stir in beaten eggs, garlic, parsley, and cheddar until well combined, again do not over mix — the texture will be lumpy like cottage cheese.
- Using a cookie scoop (like this), scoop balls of dough onto a Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!
CLICK HERE to Pin this Recipe