If you are coming over from The Confident Mom’s awesome Meatloaf Recipe that uses oregano oil and basil oil, then welcome!
I have been using essential oils in my home and on my family for a while now, but the final frontier for me seems to be using them in my cooking. It always made me leery. But ever since joining Young Living, I have been excited to try using them in my cooking.
So, naturally, I wanted to add them to some fun summer recipes. What better than some good ‘ole fashioned grilling recipes. Enter: Black Pepper Burgers. Sounds kind of like Wyatt Earp, doesn’t it? My husband prefers to call them “Man Burgers.” You decide.
These delicious burgers use high-quality essential oils to kick up the flavors to a whole new level.
- 1 lb. organic grass-fed ground beef (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 1/2 cup grated raw cheese (if you can't find it locally, you can buy this kind online)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (here is my recipe)
- 10 drops Black Pepper essential oil (you can find essential oils here)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (or 1/4 onion finely diced)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Optional: if you really want to make them tasty, stuff them with raw blue cheese crumbles!
- Mix ingredients together in a large bowl, it's best when you use your hands.
- Form the burger into patties.
- Grill burgers until done to your desired doneness.
- Enjoy with a gluten-free bun, grilled portobello mushroom cap, or however you prefer your burgers!
Are you ready to jump into this wonderful world of caring for your family with therapeutic grade essential oils? The time is now! Click HERE to learn more, or contact the person who introduced you to the “Essentially Summer” blog recipe series.
Up next, Know Your Produce is sharing a delicious recipe for “Pita Pockets stuffed with Shrimp & Israeli Pepper Salad” that uses lemon oil! You should definitely check it out. Be sure to check out all 35 posts in the “Essentially Summer” blogger recipe series.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)