If you are coming over from The Confident Mom’s awesome Meatloaf Recipe that uses oregano oil and basil oil, then welcome!
I have been using essential oils in my home and on my family for a while now, but the final frontier for me seems to be using them in my cooking. It always made me leery. But ever since joining Young Living, I have been excited to try using them in my cooking.
So, naturally, I wanted to add them to some fun summer recipes. What better than some good ‘ole fashioned grilling recipes. Enter: Black Pepper Burgers. Sounds kind of like Wyatt Earp, doesn’t it? My husband prefers to call them “Man Burgers.” You decide.
These delicious burgers use high-quality essential oils to kick up the flavors to a whole new level.
- 1 lb. organic grass-fed ground beef (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 1/2 cup grated raw cheese (if you can't find it locally, you can buy this kind online)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (here is my recipe)
- 10 drops Black Pepper essential oil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (or 1/4 onion finely diced)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Optional: if you really want to make them tasty, stuff them with raw blue cheese crumbles!
- Mix ingredients together in a large bowl, it's best when you use your hands.
- Form the burger into patties.
- Grill burgers until done to your desired doneness.
- Enjoy with a gluten-free bun, grilled portobello mushroom cap, or however you prefer your burgers!
Up next, Know Your Produce is sharing a delicious recipe for “Pita Pockets stuffed with Shrimp & Israeli Pepper Salad” that uses lemon oil! You should definitely check it out. Be sure to check out all 35 posts in the “Essentially Summer” blogger recipe series.