Whenever I think of meatloaf I hear, “Meatloaf, meatloaf, double-beetloaf. I hate meatloaf” playing over and over in my head. Quoted directly from one of my favorite movies of all time! The only thing is that I absolutely do NOT hate meatloaf, I love the stuff.
But, ever since going grain-free, we haven’t been eating it because I don’t use the breadcrumbs. Well, I just had to come up with my own version of this classic staple meal. Oh boy, did I ever. I like my version much better because it’s sweet and savory, all while packing a nutritional punch too!
If you're missing meatloaf while being on a gluten-free, grain-free diet, then I have the perfect recipe to help keep you on track. I like my version much better because it’s sweet and savory, all while packing a nutritional punch too!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 3 pastured eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp fresh or dried oregano (you can even use a few drops of oregano essential oil, find that HERE)
- Pinch of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a glass baking dish or loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Chop apple and onion, or process in a food processor until well chopped.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Form into the glass baking dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Check it with a meat thermometer, follow temperature recommendations for beef.
- Top with organic ketchup or Bacon and Bone Broth BBQ Sauce and bake an additional 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!