Gluten-free flour is used for these lovely, rich rolls made with deli ham and Gruyere cheese. Gluten-free flours are generally a combination of rice flour and potato starch, and there are many excellent brands available in the store.
After making these, play around using different salami, pepperoni, and other cheeses. The star of the show is the honey mustard drizzle at the end, and if you don’t feel like making your own, we love this brand!
These delicious, hearty rolls are perfect for brunch, breakfast, or a quick snack. Pair with a side salad or fresh fruit for a full meal.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F / 200°C.
- Combine the gluten-free flour, baking powder, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Add the diced butter to the flour mix and use clean fingertips to rub into the mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the sour cream, heavy cream, and egg and use a pastry mixer to combine well, it will come together as a dough.
- Tip the dough out onto a large baking sheet with parchment paper and cover it with a second sheet of parchment. Use a rolling pin to roll out in a large rectangle.
- Lay on the deli ham slices and cover with the grated Gruyere.
- Roll the pastry up to form a compact cylinder.
- Use a sharp knife to slice into 8 equal size pieces.
- Lay out cut-side up on a greased baking tray or roasting dish.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then remove and set aside to cool completely.
- While the rolls are baking, make a quick drizzle by simply combining the ingredients in a little bowl.
- To serve, drizzle over the honey mustard cream and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g