I admit it, I am a dipper. I love sauces and dressings to dip things into. I used to LOVE blue cheese dressing and french fries when I was in high-school. Unfortunately, many dressings are filled with seed oils and MSG. I do not include that junk in my diet and I especially don’t want my kids eating it. So, I decided to try making my own blue cheese dressing using raw milk dairy and baconnaise to give it a unique flavor, and a much healthier nutritional profile! If you do not have access to raw dairy then use the best quality dairy you can find, preferably full-fat, grass-fed, and organic.
- 8 ounces raw milk blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup raw sour cream — where to find raw milk
- 1/2 cup raw milk kefir
- 4 Tbsp homemade baconnaise
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a medium bowl mash together the blue cheese and sour cream until you have a chunky paste. Don’t mash too much if you like your dressing to have big pieces of blue cheese in it. I like mine chunky.
- Using a whisk, stir in the kefir, baconnaise, and lemon juice
- Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Store in fridge for up to one week (if there is any left to store!)