Indulgent and luxurious, these hearty omelettes will keep you satisfied well into the day! I wanted to make this one really healthy, so I combined the healthy fats from the salmon with the amazing nutritional profile of eggfs! Dill and creme fresh give it amazing flavor and creaminess! This omelette filling also features a generous slice of delicious Emmental cheese!
If you are making omelettes for the family, double the ingredients, and remember this will add to your cooking time.
When you want to indulge in a luxurious, hearty breakfast, make these smoked salmon omelttes. They are full of healthy fats, low carb, and delicious.
- Start with the filling: combine the crème Fraiche and salmon (which you can break up into smaller pieces) in a small bowl. Add the chopped dill and mix well to combine.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together in a large bowl. Season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Make one omelette at a time. Melt half the butter in non-stick pan and pour in half the whisked egg mixture. Gently cook the omelette over moderate heat until you can see it will be easy to lift (check by sliding a silicone spatula around the edges).
- Lay a slice of cheese on one side of the omelette and cover with half the salmon mixture. Very gently fold the omelette in half to cover the mixture and leave on the moderate heat for an additional minute to warm the filling through.
- Remove and set aside, repeating the process with the remaining egg and filling.
- Serve garnished with a tablespoon crème Fraiche and another sprig of dill.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1,030Total Fat: 94gSaturated Fat: 55gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 630mgCarbohydrates: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 42g