Growing up my Mom had a good friend who knew how to make homemade eggs benedict. Every time she was over I would BEG her to make it. Mostly I just liked the hollandaise sauce, I could seriously drink the stuff. A rich and buttery sauce that goes good on just about everything, in my opinion.
When I became pregnant with my third child, I craved the stuff! The best part? It’s a great food for pregnant women to consume because if you make it with the right kind of eggs and butter it will be full of healthy brain-building fats and vitamins — perfect for a developing baby. Yeah, I ate a LOT of it during my pregnancy — and I continue to do so while breastfeeding. Fat is good, eat up! Enjoy this Homemade Hollandaise Sauce on everything!
A rich and buttery sauce that goes good on just about everything.
1. Prepare immediately before serving, it only takes a few minutes to make, and you want to serve it up fresh.
2. Place the eggs yolks, pepper, and lemon juice in your high-powered blender.
3. Heat butter over a medium-high burner until it's hot and foamy.
4. Put the cover on the blender and blend yolks until beaten, only a few seconds.
5. Then, with the blender on med-high speed, slowly pour in the hot butter -- very slowly, so it emulsifies.
6. Watch out for splatter out the top of the blender; it is very hot!
7. Continue until the butter is all gone; your mixture should be thick and creamy.
8. Serve immediately, I love it over poached eggs and dusted with paprika.
Watch the video below for more info