There are big, bold flavors in this easy salad and you can whip it together in just 20 minutes. It’s hearty, full of flavor, and goes well with any meal. Or, you can make it a main entree meal by adding your favorite protein, like chicken or steak.
- If you are prepping the salad ahead of time, be sure to toss the diced apple in a little lemon juice to prevent the pieces from discoloring.
This is an easy salad that you can whip together in just 20 minutes. It's hearty, full of flavor, and goes well with any meal. Or, you can make it a main entree meal by adding your favorite protein, like chicken or steak.
- Fry the bacon lardons in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat until almost crispy. Remove and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels, to drain.
- Trim the lettuce and cut lengthways into thinner wedges, arranging them on a plate.
- Combine the sour cream and most of the crumbled blue cheese in a small bowl. Add a small dash of water (no more than two teaspoons) to loosen the dressing a little and make it ‘pourable.’ Season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce wedges and sprinkle on the bacon, the remaining blue cheese, and the diced apple.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 990mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g