This summer, my daughter picked out carrots that she wanted to plant in our garden, and lucky for us, they did very well. So, I just had to come up with some really great recipes to use them in.
Maple and bacon glazed carrots have been a side dish that I have been making for years. I just added the personal touch of using bacon fat. I actually started making this recipe in college when I worked in a monastic organic garden for summer. The Nuns gave me the recipe. So now when you try this recipe, you can exclaim, “Holy Maple and Bacon Glazed Carrots, these are good”! Ha! On with the recipe…
Maple and bacon glazed carrots have been a side dish that I have been making for years. I just added the personal touch of using bacon fat.
- Slice carrots into coins.
- In a large skillet, heat bacon fat, carrots, and rosemary over medium heat.
- Cover and let cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Check carrots with a fork and continue to cook until they are the right doneness that you like, we like them crisp-tender.
- Pour on maple syrup and mix well.
- Turn heat to high and cook for an additional 2 minutes stirring continuously, to caramelize.
- Sprinkle with salt and additional rosemary if desired.
- Serve immediately.
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe