A delicious salad with flavors inspired from the East. Low carb and packed with flavor. Adjust the amount of chili to your liking or leave it out altogether. The fish sauce provides adequate saltiness and a pinch of sweetener before tossing will add a subtle sweet element to balance the Thai Beef Salad.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil plus extra to drizzle
- 2 rump steaks 4.2 oz each
- 1 large cucumber
- Handful mint leaves chopped
- Handful cilantro leaves chopped
- ½ red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red chili seeds removed and finely sliced
- 1 lemongrass hard outer leaves removed and minced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Pinch sweetener of choice
- 1 lime halved
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and grill the steaks on both sides until done to your liking. Remove and set aside to rest.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave long thin ribbons from the length of the cucumber. Place the ribbons into a bowl and add the chopped herbs, sliced onion, chili, and lemongrass.
- Add the fish sauce and a pinch of sweetener. Squeeze over the lime juice and add a dash more fish sauce for saltiness if needed. Drizzle over a little olive oil and toss well to coat. Divide between two bowls.
- Slice the steak against the grain and serve on top of the salad. Enjoy your Thai Beef Salad!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 376 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 6.7g Sodium: 1.4mg Carbohydrates: 9.1g Fiber: 2.6g Sugar: 6.4g Protein: 29g