I remember the first time I saw a recipe for scotch eggs, first I was kind of grossed out by the serious caveman-ness of it all….and then I was drooling. After you get past the fact that they look a little like dinosaur eggs you can appreciate them for the protein-packed deliciousness that they are! Scotch eggs are not only tasty, but they are also super easy to make. Impress all of your guests with this cute little breakfast balls!
Scotch eggs are not only tasty, but they are also super easy to make.
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage (preferably from pastured pork)
- 8 hard-boiled pastured eggs, peeled
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Divide the meat into 8 equal portions.
3. Using your hands, form the meat around each egg.
4. Place on a Silpat lined baking sheet so they don't stick.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Enjoy! I like mine with a little drizzle of real maple syrup or some gluten-free mustard!