I remember the first time I saw a recipe for scotch eggs, first I was kind of grossed out by the serious caveman-ness of it all….and then I was drooling. After you get past the fact that they look a little like dinosaur eggs you can appreciate them for the protein-packed deliciousness that they are! Scotch eggs are not only tasty, but they are also super easy to make. Impress all of your guests with this cute little breakfast balls!
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage (preferably from pastured pork)
- 8 hard boiled pastured eggs, peeled
- Divide the meat into 8 equal portions
- Using your hands, form the meat around each egg
- Place on a Silpat lined baking sheet so they don’t stick
- Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes
- Enjoy! I like mine with a little drizzle of real maple syrup or some gluten free mustard!