Delicious over just about anything, I use this quick and tasty sauce over my “zoodles” for a full-flavored low-carb meal. Lovely hot or cold, the sauce will keep well (covered) in the fridge for 3-4 days.
This quick homemade Romesco sauce is bursting with flavors from roasted peppers, tomatoes, nuts, and seasoning. Perfect over "zoodles" for a delicious, healthy low carb meal.
- Toast the almonds in a hot, dry pan until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Have all your ingredients prepped and ready. Drained the charred bell peppers after removing them from the jar and roughly chop.
- Place the chopped tomatoes, red peppers, garlic, and parsley into a medium saucepan and cook over moderately high heat for 8-10 minutes. Stir regularly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the toasted almonds and use an immersion hand blender right there in the saucepan to blend the mixture into a smooth sauce. If you feel it is too thick, add a small dash of water and cook for another minute or so. If you feel it is too thin, leave it on the heat to reduce it further.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sherry vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 3.5gSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g