I used to LOVE me a good mocha from my favorite local coffee shop. So sweet, and warm, and then wheeeee I went into my day. Only a few short hours later I would have the sugar slump and want more.
The problem with that is, the more caffeine you consume in a day, the longer it stays in your system. This leads to poor quality sleep, which in turn makes you to want more coffee the following day! Well that certainly doesn’t leave much room for beauty sleep!
Plus, sugar prematurely ages us!
What if you could drink healthy coffee, or a healthy mocha? What if this mocha was not only delicious, but also antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, hormone regulating, anti-diabetic, and so much more? Would you give it a try? I’m in! Bonus: the collagen in this mix makes your hair, skin, and nails look great!
Ready for this one ladies? It will help those hormones AND make you beautiful!
Besides, who wants to spend the money on a mocha from the coffee shop that is just full of junk anyway. I enjoy making my own at home with my homemade mocha mix recipe!
Here is why this is good for you:
Protein Powder: an extra little insurance to make sure you are getting all of those amino acids into your body, aka the building blocks needed to rebuild and repair. Especially important if you live an active lifestyle!
Collagen Powder: collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and plays a key role in numerous bodily functions. Yes, collagen is important for healthy and youthful looking skin, but collagen’s health benefits are not just skin deep. Learn more about the health benefits of collagen, and why we only use grass-fed collagen HERE
Cacao Powder: cacao (not to be confused with coco) is full of antioxidants, which are needed to combat the oxidative damage that our bodies endure every day! One study even showed that cacao may have the potential to be used for the prevention/treatment of allergies, cancers, oxidative injuries, inflammatory conditions, anxiety, hyperglycemia, and insulin resistance
Maca Powder: studies have demonstrated that maca showed significant energizing effects in early-postmenopausal women, with a significant improvement in concentration accompanied by an antidepressant-like and sedative influence. It also has a positive influence on endocrine glands to regulate the hormonal balance in women, who have just entered menopause
Turmeric Powder: turmeric is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and has been shown to be beneficial for people who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. It also has been shown to have anticancer and anti-diabetic properties. Elemene derived from turmeric is approved in China for the treatment of cancer
Homemade Mocha Mix Recipe:
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder — we currently love this kind
- 1/4 cup grass-fed collagen powder — here is our favorite
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder — where to find
- 1 Tbsp maca powder — where to find
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder — where to find
- pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar, cover and shake until combined
- Store in an airtight container (the jar with a lid) in your kitchen cabinet. Lasts indefinitely. Makes about 3/4 cup
- Add 1-2 Tbsp to your morning coffee and mix until dissolved. I like to add in a little butter or coconut oil and then mix it with this handy little milk frother to make a bulletproof mocha!
- I drink an adaptogenic mushroom coffee so I get the benefits of caffeine without the jitters and anxiety later. That is a great addition to this mix! HERE is where you can learn more about it. Very good stuff! Use the coupon Code “REALFOODRN” to get 10% off your order.
- Another favorite way to enjoy it is to sprinkle over homemade ice cream!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+
None of these health benefits have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They should not be used in place of personal judgment or medical treatment when needed, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. (Only your doctor can diagnose and treat disease.) Read my full disclaimer.