Have you ever had an ice cream emergency? Where you were craving it so bad that you were ready to get into the car to drive to the store just to buy a pint?
When I was pregnant, I had a four-alarm emergency almost daily! I wasn’t the biggest fan of the ingredients in many of the kinds that you find at the store. So, I started to make my own.
Well, when you have to cook it and then cool it, and then process it, you can’t really satisfy that emergency urgency. I decided to do some experimentation and came up with a recipe that does not require any of those steps and can be ready to eat in around 10 minutes! Nothing better than ready-to-eat homemade ice cream!
Nothing better than ready-to-eat homemade ice cream! And you can make it in just 10 minutes.
- 2 cups organic whole milk (we use raw milk)
- 2 cups organic heavy cream (we use raw cream)
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: if you want chocolate, then add in 2 Tbsp cocoa powder. We also add in chocolate chips, fruit chunks, or homemade caramel swirl.
1. Throw everything into a bowl and whisk together until well combined.
2. Process according to your ice cream makers directions.
3. We store our ice cream in these containers because they freeze it well and make serving it up really easy!
4. If you eat the ice cream right away it will be more like soft-serve, but still delicious. Put it into the freezer for several hours to get more solid ice cream, pictured below.
Make your own homemade macadamia nut caramel here.