We love ice cream of all kinds in our house and I have been making it my mission to keep it healthy. If you look at the ingredient list on your favorite store-bought ice cream you will be amazed to learn what you are actually eating! It’s a bunch of sugar, various derivatives of corn, and other things that give it a wonderful color and texture. My kids do not need to be eating this stuff!
We have an ice cream maker, but today the kids wanted ice-cream RIGHT.NOW! I dug out the Vitamix and away we went. When it’s 90+ degrees outside it’s nice to have a quick frozen dessert to whip up. I always have frozen bananas in the freezer for just such emergencies! Only a few ingredients required and within minutes you have a batch of healthy banana frozen yogurt to enjoy!
Only a few ingredients required, and within minutes, you have a batch of banana frozen yogurt to enjoy for a healthy sweet treat!
- Place the yogurt, bananas, vanilla, and salt into a high-power blender and blend until liquefied.
- Then add in ice (while continuing to blend) until you reach the desired consistency. We like ours to be like soft-serve. Yum.
- You can also add in honey or cinnamon to make it even tastier.
- Top with whatever you want, our favorites are chopped pecans and a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Eat it quickly, it melts fast!
Make your own homemade yogurt here.