We love ice-cream of all kinds in our house and I have been making it my mission to keep it healthy. If you look at the ingredient list on your favorite store bought ice-cream you will be amazed to learn what you are actually eating! It’s a bunch of sugar, various derivatives of corn, and other things that give it a wonderful color and texture. My kids do not need to be eating this stuff!
We have an ice-cream maker, but today the kids wanted ice-cream RIGHT.NOW! I dug out the Vitamix and away we went. When it’s 90+ degrees outside it’s nice to have a quick frozen dessert to whip up. I always have frozen bananas in the freezer for just such emergencies! Only a few ingredients required and within minutes you have a batch of healthy banana frozen yogurt to enjoy!
- 2 cups plain flavored yogurt (preferably made from raw milk)
- 2-3 frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt — we use this kind
- Place the yogurt, bananas, vanilla and salt into a high power blender and blend until liquefied.
- Then add in ice (while continuing to blend) until you reach the desired consistency. We like ours to be like soft-serve. Yum.
- You can also add in honey or cinnamon to make it even tastier.
Eat it quickly, it melts fast!
CLICK HERE to Pin this post