I like everything with butter on it! I especially like lots of butter on my homemade popcorn. My dad makes this amazing sweet basil butter that we smother popcorn with and after years of keeping the recipe secret….I’m bringing it out to the public! Here is our family’s secret recipe (like it’s really that secret, the name says it all). I hope you find lots of uses for this amazing culinary staple.
Adding herbs to butter gives it a sweet and savory taste. This recipe is so good on gluten-free bread, popcorn, and potatoes or fauxtatoes.
- 1 pound salted grass-fed butter
- 1/4 bunch organic sweet basil (about 15 leaves)
1. In a medium bowl, allow butter to soften at room temperature.
2. Mince fresh basil leaves with the stems removed and discarded.
3. Combine basil and butter and stir until well combined.
4. Put into a glass container and store in the fridge.
5. Use on everything from homemade popcorn to gluten-free bread to creamy cauliflower fauxtatoes!