I like everything with butter on it! I especially like lots of butter on my homemade popcorn. My dad makes this amazing sweet basil butter that we smother popcorn with and after years of keeping the recipe secret….I’m bringing it out to the public! Here is our family’s secret recipe (like it’s really that secret, the name says it all). I hope you find lots of uses for this amazing culinary staple.
- 1 pound salted grass-fed butter (here is where you can buy it online) — we get ours from an Amish farm!
- 1/4 bunch organic sweet basil (about 15 leaves)
- In a medium bowl, allow butter to soften at room temperature
- Mince fresh basil leaves, stems removed and disgarded
- Combine basil and butter and stir until well combined
- Put into a glass container and store in the fridge (we use these)
- Use on everything from homemade popcorn to creamy cauliflower fauxtatoes!
- If you have leftover basil and don’t know what to do with it, HERE is a great way to preserve your herbs
CLICK HERE to Pin this post