This is a creamy, buttery, sweet frosting that you can use on cupcakes or cakes. You could even play around with different flavors in place of the vanilla used here. We love to add fun flavors like: strawberry extract, banana extract, and cocoa powder to make chocolate.
The recipe below will decorate 12 cupcakes, but if you choose to use this on a cake, you will want to double the recipe.
This is a creamy, buttery, sweet frosting that you can use on cupcakes or cakes. You could even play around with different flavors in place of the vanilla used
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ TB ground arrowroot flour
- 7 oz unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 6.3 oz Swerve confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Pour the cold water in a small saucepan. Whisk in the arrowroot flour until completely dissolved.
2. Cook over moderately high heat, whisking continuously until the mixture reduces and thickens. Pour into a small bowl and set aside to cool a little.
3. Use this time to make the frosting: Add the softened butter, sweetener and vanilla essence into a large bowl and use a hand mixer to cream the mixture together until light and fluffy.
4. Pour in the arrowroot mixture and mix well to incorporate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 35mgCarbohydrates: 1g