This is a lovely, colorful side dish that is just perfect for Christmas. Brussel sprouts: check; nuts: check; cranberries: check! And it all comes together with smoky, salty bacon and sweet apples. It was only fitting that I called it “festive.”
This is a lovely, colorful side dish that is just perfect for Christmas. Such an easy recipe to make during the holiday season.
- 35 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 red apples, cored and diced small
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 2 TB olive oil
- 7 oz smoked bacon lardons
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts or nut of your choice, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped smaller
1. Preheat the oven to 355°F.
2. Trim, dice and slice all the ingredients, squeezing a little lemon juice over the apples to avoid them browning.
3. Place the trimmed sprouts into a large bowl and drizzle over the olive oil. Toss well to evenly coat then spread them out on a large baking tray. Lightly season with salt and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, rotating and shaking the tray halfway through.
4. In the meantime, cook the bacon lardons in a pan until they are cooked through.
5. Add the cooked bacon bits, the diced apple, and hazelnuts to the tray of Brussels sprouts and toss well. Place back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
6. Scatter over the chopped dried cranberries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3,5gSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 8gSugar: 12gProtein: 13g