So, lettuce wraps. That’s all I need to say. Maybe I should also throw in P.F. Chang’s. Do I have your attention now? I am obsessed, I could eat them every day. But, you never know what is in that special sauce that makes them so completely addicting and delicious. Of course, I had to make them up in my own kitchen so I felt good about eating them every day. Not that I would do that or anything. Ahem. So, here they are, my P.F. Chang’s chicken lettuce wraps.
Craving P.F. Chang's insanely delicious chicken lettuce wraps? I have a copycat recipe that will make your mouth water and is a lot healthier version. Gotta try it!
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp vinegar (rice, wine, or white)
- 1-2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 cans water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tsp lime juice
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil and add the ground chicken.
- Saute until cooked.
- Chop the onion.
- Chop the ginger.
- Chop the water chestnuts.
- Add onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Cook until the onion is soft.
- Add water chestnuts, hoisin, coconut aminos, vinegar, and sriracha and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in water chestnuts, scallions, and lime juice and stir to combine. Add the lime juice to your taste preference, sometimes I like more, sometimes I like less. If you are really craving that umami flavor, try adding a little fish sauce to the mix. I do this occasionally too, again to taste preference.
- Scoop the chicken into lettuce cups.
- Serve with spicy mustard sauce, chili sauce, rice noodles, or additional scallions.