So one night I was CRAVING some good old P.F. Chang’s chicken lettuce wraps. I was so happy to find some chicken in the back of my freezer. Except, it was not ground chicken. What’s a girl to do? Grind it up myself I guess. I was worried that I might turn it into chicken paste though. So, after some online searching and tutorials, I found a method that works. I taught myself how to grind chicken without a meat grinder!
What you need:
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken into chunks
- Place on a tinfoil lined baking sheet
- Place the entire sheet into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. You want the chicken firm, but not frozen through
- Put the chunks into a food processor or blender, in batches of about 10 at a time and pulse them until chopped
- Put the ground chicken into a large bowl and continue to process the other chunks until it is all chopped
- Voila! You have ground your own meat without a meat grinder!
- Want to know what do make with your ground chicken? Give my P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe a try!!!