In this super easy recipe, I used the familiar, delicious flavors of a crowd-pleasing cheeseburger as a dip! It’s so much easier than it seems, and your friends and family will love it, especially when scooped up with gluten-free crackers, corn tortilla chips, or pork rinds. I could easily fill several ramekins with my mixture, which made calculating the nutritional information tricky. The macros are therefore based on a standard 3.5 oz/100g serving (on the dip alone, no crackers), so plan around this accordingly if you are carefully monitoring calories, fat, or carbs.
- I suggest you use the finest setting on your grater when grating the cheese because it results in quicker melting!
- French’s is my favorite ‘American-style’ mustard – and such a fantastic flavor addition that enhances the ‘cheeseburger’ flavor.
Craving a cheeseburger? Then you gotta try this savory dip that tastes just like a cheeseburger. Pair it with your favorite veggies, pork rinds, or pickles for a hearty meal or snack, or serve at your next social gathering.
- 2 TB olive oil
- ¼ small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 18 oz ground beef (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz full-fat Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp American-style mustard
- 12 oz full-fat cream cheese, stirred well until loose and soft
- 3 oz cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 oz gherkins or cornichons, finely chopped
- Gluten-free tortilla chips, gluten-free crackers, or pork rinds, to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan or wok and cook the onion and garlic over medium heat until softened, approx. 6-7 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and increase the heat to high. Use a wooden spoon to break the mince up so that it cooks and browns evenly. Add the Worcestershire sauce and season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grated cheese to melt, followed by the mustard. Stir well to combine and set aside for 5 minutes before stirring through the cream cheese, tomatoes, and cornichons.
- Divide the mixture between several little bowls or ramekins and serve at room temperature with gluten-free crackers (I like using corn tortilla chips). Be sure to generously crack more freshly ground black pepper to finish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Grater
Bamboo Wooden Spoon Set
Stainless Steel Wok
Grain-Free Tortilla Chips
Organic Cream Cheese
Organic Yellow Mustard
Raw Grass-Fed Cheddar Cheese
Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt
Butcher Box Meat & Seafood
Serving Size:1 (3.5 oz)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g