I first had this dip at a Superbowl party, and it was gone instantly! Everyone was raving about it and asking for the recipe. Unfortunately, the recipe I was given contained a lot of junk like store-bought dressing (full of soybean oil and msg) and heavily processed cheese — but those were an easy fix! So I made a few changes to healthify it and now I get asked for the recipe at every party I serve it! There are loads of interesting flavors that come through, and you will love every single one. Be sure to chop the corned beef as fine as possible for easier scooping. Enjoy!
There are loads of interesting flavors that come through, and you will love every single one. Be sure to chop the corned beef as fine as possible for easier scooping. Everyone will ask for the recipe!
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ½ onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch celery salt
- 7 oz full-fat soft cheese
- 3.5 oz sour cream (or make your own)
- 7 oz corned beef, finely chopped
- 6 oz sauerkraut (or make your own)
- 2.8 oz Emmental cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp snipped chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 355° F.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and slide out the fleshy, seed area. Discard the seeds or set aside for other use.
- Place the tomatoes and the roughly chopped onion into a mini food processor/food chopper along with the apple cider vinegar and a small pinch each of ground cloves and celery salt.
- Blitz well until you have achieved a smooth mixture. Be sure to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Tip the soft cheese, soured cream, chopped corn beef, sauerkraut, and finely grated Emmental cheese into a large bowl. Add the blitzed tomato mixture.
- Mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into a suitably sized ovenproof dish and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and hot.
- Give it a stir and garnish with snipped chives. Serve warm with a variety of grain-free crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g